Wednesday, February 25, 2009

The Republican Response to Obama's Speech 2-24-09




As I said in my previous post- the discussion of government's role in the economy and the work place is never ending and continues. While Obama and the Democrats are taking a Keynesian approach, Republicans are taking more of a Marxist approach.



Hurricane Katrina

Photobucket

I respected Bobby Jindal's response to Obama's speech, however I thought he was very off touch with government's role in the economy and especially in the case of Hurricane Katrina. There were statements that he made that I found baffling. ( I needn't tell you about how non-credible he seemed. I tried to be objective, but it is my blog so I find it necessary to continue on with my opinions...) Jindal didn't sound credible to me- and a lot had to do with his soft voice- I wish he sounded more frank. What threw me off...was when he spoke of Hurricane Katrina, and said that the lesson to be learned from Katrina was:

" The strength of America is not found in our government. It is found in the compassionate hearts and the enterprising spirit of our citizens. We're grateful for the support we've received from across the nation for our ongoing recovery efforts."

The aftermath of Katrina showed just how vital government representation is! U.S. government was criticized, disdained, belittled ( and every other adjective you can find) because it didn't take a stronger stance in representing the New Orleans community and the victims of Hurricane Katrina. People were angry and are still angry because government did not do enough!

So as much as I appreciate Jindal, a fellow immigrant for taking a role in American politics, I do not see his point. I am after all a Keynesian.

What do you think of Bobby Jindal's speech? Jindal is the governor of Louisiana, and I've heard of rumors that he may be running for presidency in 2012. Thoughts?

No comments: