Saturday, January 24, 2009

Trash Talking

“ Tell the Truth, Tell the Truth, Tell the Truth”
- Elizabeth Gilbert


Okay, I admit it, I’ve done it before- whispered, talked and even laughed. I feel wicked, but at least I know I wasn’t the only one. I mean…we’ve all done it before, whether to their faces or behind their backs. Even when we read Perez Hilton and cringe our noses at different girls and at what they’re wearing – we’re all part of Trash talking. You all can relate.


Although, I must admit…I never thought of myself to be cool, especially not in Highschool ( Debate Team, Math League…yeah definitely not cool), then why do we all participate in trash talking-? The freaks, geeks and cool kids - they all do it. Perhaps, it’s mainstream media’s fault and it has affected our morality. ( Once again, blame the media.) Or maybe, we hear it from people around us- perhaps from our mothers (or fathers) who gossip and we’ve picked up on it?

Trash Talking- I don’t know if Wikipedia actually has it but in my dictionary it means to call a girl a bad name and for no apparent reason. People can bash at a girl for different reasons: jealousy, clothes, wrong hairdo, wrong jeans, wrong personality…etc.


Photobucket


Perez Hilton is the worst of the worst in bashing. He can call a girl by so many names and get away with it. His blog, www.perezhilton.com, became such a big hit with all his celebrity gossip which isn’t even considered real news. In fact, Perez has become so big with the celebrities- they want to become his friend so he wouldn’t bash them on his website. What a way to make friends!


I’m not on the know with all the celebrity news, but I can tell you this….we all have to stop bashing other women for our own entertainment because it later then translates to real life. We’ll be seeing all generations “ trash talking/ bashing” and it’ll never cease.


Photobucket



Even if I see someone pouring in her blouse- or wearing the tiniest short shorts which would be considered so inappropriate, I would just smile and nod. That’s what any respectable young woman would do. No need to comment, or make them upset…it’s not like I would be actually saving any one from embarrassment. Bashing is for people who don’t have anything else to do with their lives, so I’d rather just go on blogging about other things than trash.



Pictures from the website of Tee Jay Pietrosanti.

No comments: