Friday, May 1, 2009

Ko Pyisone









I blog about things that I’m most bothered by or things that I find most controversial in the news, and I’ve been contemplating whether I should blog about something as personal as this…

My Cousin, Danny P. Myint, at 28, recently passed away due to cancer- Adedonocarcinoma of an unknown primary.

Ko PyiSone- as I call him, ( PyiSone in Burmese means complete or just perfect, and Ko means older brother) had a blog, www.dannymyint.com which he kept his friends and family up to date with his treatments, his daily struggles and his feelings. He wrote with so much passion to fight the disease, and he also wrote with compassion- letting others like him know that they weren’t alone. His blog transcended boundaries – not only were his close friends able to check in on his days or on his trips to the hospitals, but cancer patients, like my father viewed the blog with admiration.

Ko Pyi Sone’s Legacy:

He fought a difficult battle, but he was so hopeful that he’ll beat it despite the negativity that came his way. Doctors reluctantly gave him bad news after bad news, as his cancer was rare, but Ko Pyi Sone/Ko Danny held a great fight. He’s accomplished so many things in life; beating cancer was just another achievement he would write on his resume.

Ko Lwin, his brother, gave a speech about Ko Danny’s accomplishments within his 28 years. He told us how his brother had worked for many great companies- Reuters and ESPN -just to name a few. Ko Danny traveled the world and made great friends along the way.

Ko Danny’s bestfriend Nick spoke about the laughs they shared and the bond they had- most of all he talked about Ko Danny’s big heart, his generosity and…again his humor. ( My aunt and I wonder just how funny he was because many have said that- we always pictured him as this tall, kind, shy guy.)

Ko Pyisone was also a philanthropist. He was generous and he loved to give; he had been advocating for the research of cancer and for its care. Here is one he truly supported:

Dan, You Can!


It’s set up by his girlfriend and sister in law! Let his legacy live on.



“Pyisone”

My mom said, “ Everything in Ko Danny’s life was “ pyisone”/complete. Now he’s at peace and perfectly complete.

I’ve heard that death is bittersweet. Bitter as we’re not able to physically feel the presence of our loved ones anymore, but ironically sweet because they’re free from suffering in this world and off to a better world. We all go the same path eventually; I guess some just lead the way for others to follow.

www.dannymyint.com

Please support cancer care.

Click me.

Be a part of Dan You Can!

Photobucket

1 comment:

Demetrius said...

I just want to say rest in peace to your cousin, Danny. He seemed like a very unique soul. Hopefully his legacy can provide you with the same courage and moral strength he displayed during his fight. There is certainly a place in my heart for him. I also want to offer my sincere condolences to you. There must be a great sadness in your heart over this loss, but please don't allow it to steal away your joy for life... stay strong, Kaye.

PS:
Danny don't smile for too long because the time has come for us to fight for change. After we finish our work, then we will be able to smile for eternity.