Friday, July 17, 2009

TWITTER





I haven’t blogged in so long, and with all this new social media- from twitter to facebook, I’ve been caught up in the mix of which media to utilize. I’ve missed blogging though; I’ve felt very incomplete without it.

Well, I’ll let you in on my new discovery of tweets. I’ve been tweeting, and I never knew why people were so captivated by twitter. I’ve always thought twitter was for those who were fortunate enough to have an entourage following their every move. Celebrities are on twitter- and they have so many followers and fans commenting on their tweets- looking at their pics and such. Well, to my dismay, twitter is causing much more than a huge celebrity fan page.

Powerful Innovation or Silly Conversations?


You may ask, “ How are Ashton Kutcher’s tweets about his wife Demi in a bikini- or one of his parties going to change the world?” Well… his tweets on those matters may not change the world, but let me tell you, THE WHOLE WORLD IS SURELY READING.


People tweet about “ what they’re doing”…and others can comment, read and be inspired by it. Many of the tweets are timely political events. For example, when the Iranian protests were occurring, there was no broadcast of the revolution on Iranian television; however, there were so many tweets about the revolution from protesters inside Iran. The tweets were then disclosed to the international community, and people were able to get information out of these tweets.


So Simple

Tweeting’s so simple, and it makes the world seem so much closer. My favorite celebrities, Anderson Cooper and Oprah are on twitter, and I probably comment to Coops almost every day; I feel satisfied knowing that maybe he’s read my tweet to him (whether he does or not, we’ll never know, but I try to stay connected).


@ kayemlin Tweet me.